Re: nt humor

From: Carl William Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 07:49:29 EST

Thanks for making that response, Jonathan. I really felt that Barry's
complaint was directed at me, but I'm not sure I could have made a very
courteous response. Whether this fellow falls into this category or not,
I think there's one type that comes to the Biblical text thinking that
humor is the last thing one ought to find there, and given that the Bible
really touches on all of human life, I think there's something very sad in
that approach to it's message(s).

I hope you're feeling better this morning? (That IS a question). Clearly
you're feeling well enough to write a sensitive, compassionate
clarification. Thanks again. c