Re: genitive

From: Glen Riddle (glen1@flash.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 13:15:42 EST

Yes! I did mean I Tim. Carl Conrad caught that in 12 minutes! Paul wasn't far
behind. Don't read what I wrote; read what I meant or would have meant if I'd
been thinking what I meant to mean.

Subjective: problem with that is that Paul is exhorting Tim to be a role
model for the believers. If subjective the believers out there would be doing
the modeling. I've always been more open to possessive than most grammars, so
I think I'll buy Carl's view in a New York minute.
blessings,
gpr