Re: adultery

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 17:21:31 EST

At 05:18 PM 2/3/98 -0600, Braulio Barillas wrote:

> The reason is not to re-open the issues about adultery. Only to
>point a biblical versicle that talks over any mail send.
>In MT. 14:4 MC 6:18
>the warn in this case is against the subject (Herodes) who executes the
>action (adultery) been the object (Herodias) whom recieves the action:
>passive voice

This post discusses verses that do not use the terms MOICEUW or MOICAOMAI.
The earlier discussion had to do with whether the medio-passive forms for
MOICEUW were to be interpreted as middle or as passive. I'm not quite sure
what you are trying to argue here, but your argument seems to be completely
independent of the words that are being used.

>1. The verbal action of adultery that is recieved by the woman when this is
>object of the verbal realization, done by the man: passive voice
>
>2. When the woman as subject of the action of adultery permits the act is
>done over her: middle voice

You seem to be discussing adultery as a concept, rather than the use of any
Greek word, and generalizing a long way based on two verses which do not
even use the words we were investigating.

Jonathan

jonathan@texcel.no
Texcel Research
http://www.texcel.no