Re: Luke 19:33

From: Marty Brownfield (mbrownfield@vantek.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 22:26:04 EST

>A friend has just asked of me, "What is wrong with the construction
>LUONTWN DE AUTWN TON PWLON in Luke 19:33?" I replied that I could not
>find anything wrong with it. Am I missing something here?

Maybe your friend was confused by the genitive absolute, and didn't
recognize that AUTWN was the subject of LUONTWN and tried to translate the
phrase "untying their colt" (or something similar) instead of "as they were
untying the colt".

Otherwise, if there really is some anomaly, I'm missing it as well.

Marty Brownfield
mbrownfield@vantek.net
http://www.vantek.net/pages/mbrownfield/