Re: Rev 22:17--who ERCOU?

From: Trevor M Peterson (spedrson@juno.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 06:01:55 EST

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 01:26:20 -0500 John Reece <jonree@earthlink.net>
writes:

[snipped]

> Would anyone care to take up the subject of the sense of TACU in
>Revelation? Specifically, can the word mean anything like "at any time
>within the next 1900+ years"?

At least one explanation with which I'm familiar is that TACU may refer
to the swiftness of the coming, not necessarily to its particular timing.
 In other words, it would not mean so much "I am coming soon" but "I am
coming speedily." Although my futurist perspective on the book moves me
to favor this interpretation, I do suspect it somewhat. My first
inclination is that a verb like ERCOMAI would be difficult to distinguish
in this manner. It may be possible to WALK quickly after waiting a
couple of millennia, but to COME quickly still seems to my mind to have
within it the sense of both a soon departure and a soon arrival.

Trevor

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]