Re: The Climax of DOXA

From: Edgar Foster (questioning1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 28 1998 - 22:14:47 EST

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your thorough reply. I agree, for the most part, with your
presentation on DOXA. The one aspect of the account thats giving me
trouble, however, is John 21:15ff. There Peter is told to follow Jesus
and is further informed that he will die a death which results in the
GLORIFICATION of God. How are we to view this part of John's Gospel
vis-a'-vis the thematic strand of DOXA?

Does this literary unit constitute an inclusio? Is it to be taken as a
volitional imperative? Or, is this an example of John moving from
particularity to generality?

Regards,

E. Foster