RE: Jn 21:15-17 (and getting woollier..)

From: Perry L. Stepp (plstepp@flash.net)
Date: Fri Apr 17 1998 - 16:25:12 EDT

> From: Jim West [mailto:jwest@highland.net]

> >I'm wondering what the actual words uttered by Christ might have been,
> >assuming He spoke in Aramaic. Any thoughts?

> It doesn't matter. The story is a Johannine construct.

Dr. West,

If you're not going to accept the assumptions under which the question was
asked--and they aren't unreasonable--then your response is not constructive.
(Not to mention the potential your response has for starting a flame war
that's completely foreign to the purpose of b-greek.)

PLStepp

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan
Keeper of the Top-10, news://alt.fan.letterman

I know Hell is real--I've dealt with Comp USA's
customer service department!Ê So repent!Ê
(Or at least go to Best Buy.)

Seeing upon how slippery a place
Fortune for mortals and misfortune stand.
Therefore the man that lives at ease should look
For rocks ahead, and when he prospers most
Watch lest he suffer shipwreck unawares.
               --Sophocles, *Philoctetes* 502-06