Re: pisteuw

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 19:32:11 EDT

This is why it is sometimes frustrating to respond to questions. A fellow
asks our views on the meaning of the greek word pisteuw/pistis. We respond
with an accurate answer- and are straightway told that we don't know what we
are talking about because we are selfish Americans.
So, rather than being genuinely interested in an answer based on philology
and grammar, our questioner is only looking for confirmation of his
preconceived views. Such questions are then, not questions, but statements.
And statements when posed in the form of a question are propaganda and agenda.
The agenda here is not hidden, however, but open, bold, and insidious. It
is an effort to hoist a certain theological meaning on the Greek text and
truth be damned, it is the agenda that matters.
Hence, if anyone poses a question that is really a statement, please tell me
up front so that I don't have to waste my time in giving the most honest
answer I can in the shortest space.

Best to all sincere souls,

Jim

Jim West, ThD