Re: (PISTIS/PISTEUW)

From: George Athas (gathas@mail.usyd.edu.au)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 20:31:22 EDT

Yes, PISTEUW purely means to trust something. But then you have to ask,
what good is that trust if it is never accompanied by subsequent action?
That kind of trust is just token and empty. For example: I say, "That
chair can hold my weight". But if I never sit in the chair, what's the
use in having that faith or trust in the chair? It is useless. Real
trust will lead to real action - sitting in the chair, and bearing the
consequences. If you say you trust something, then you only do trust it
if you actually act on that trust.

Hold on a sec...this is all theology, isn't it?

Best regards!
George Athas
 PhD (Cand.), University of Sydney
 Tutor of Hebrew, Moore Theological College
Phone: 0414 839 964 ICQ#: 5866591
Email: gathas@mail.usyd.edu.au
Visit the Tel Dan Inscription Website at
http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gathas/teldan.htm