Re: Harmonization of Gospels

From: Dale M. Wheeler (dalemw@teleport.com)
Date: Sat Jun 27 1998 - 13:27:04 EDT

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:45:34 -0400, Theodore H. Mann wrote:
>Greetings B-Greekers.
>
>Can anyone direct me to an harmonization of the gospels that integrates
>all four documents into one single narrative (as opposed to four columns
>laid side-by-side)? I think this should be handled off-list. Many
>thanks.

Ted:

While I wouldn't go as far as Nichel and characterize the Gospels as full
of "contradictions and inconsitencies" (but bgreek is not the forum to
discuss that issue), I do agree with the implicit point made (also
made by Jim West), that such works tend to destroy the theological
perspective of the individual writers. Neverthless... (-; my
candidate is a book written by a Prof at Western Seminary many years
ago call "The Gospel in Stereo" (he really meant Quadrophonic, but I'm
not sure that technology was available at that time).

XAIREIN...

Dale M. Wheeler, Ph.D.
Research Professor in Biblical Languages Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street Portland, OR 97220
Voice: 503-251-6416 FAX:503-254-1268 E-Mail: dalemw@teleport.com