Re: follow up

From: CRAIG R HARMON (REVCRAIGH@prodigy.net)
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 01:41:00 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Kilmon <jkilmon@historian.net>
To: Biblical Greek <b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Cc: Biblical Greek <b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Friday, July 03, 1998 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: follow up

>scholars that take NT exegesis a step further by transposing
>the Semitic linguistic and cultural context behind the Greek often
>come closer to the ipsa verba than those Graecists who
>tendentiously cling to Greek exegesis alone.
>Jack
>jkilmon@historian.net

That's an interesting statement. How do you know that they come closer to
the ipsissima verba? It rather assumes that anyone knows what those are
(unless, as I'm sure you're not) you mean the Greek text (which, let's face
it, is all we have). Anything else is conjecture pure and simple. IMO.

Rev. Craig R. Harmon
(note new e-mail address:
REVCRAIGH@prodigy.net)