Re: The fronting of TOUTOU, James 1:26

From: Paul R. Zellmer (zellmer@cag.pworld.net.ph)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 11:08:04 EDT

Thanks, Steve Amato and Carl, for your responses. One more question on
your response, Carl. If this is done for emphasis, and I agree it is,
what is being brought into the forefront here. Is it the QRHSKEIA of
this person as opposed to that of another person's? Is it then implying
that the QRHSKEIA of another person might not be MATAIOS? I guess this
was where I was getting confused about the word order here. If MATAIOS
had been fronted, then I could easily see that adjective as being
emphasized. If hH QRHSKEIA had come first, the clause would have been
unmarked, right? Maybe it's another thing I keep overlooking, but I
don't recall many other cases where the possessive pronoun is brought
into focus.

Thanks again,

Paul

Ibanag Translation Project