Re: Rom. 1:4 EN DUNAMEI adverbial or adjectival

From: dalmatia@eburg.com
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 11:59:18 EDT

David L. Moore wrote:

> >And I would add that partitive vs holistic thinking will as well be
> >determinative... My prejudice here is that I believe the former to be
> >a Latinization of the Greek, and the latter to be Greek.
>
> Can you *show* any unambiguous example of "holistic thinking" in Greek
> syntax that might back up this assertion? Also, since coming across the
> passage in Moulton's grammar about attributive prepositional phrases, I'm
> not so certain either Rom. 1:4 or 1:17 are adverbial; I'm taking a second
> look at this matter. But I don't admit the possibility that they are *both*.

Well, ya know... Ambiguity, you see ~ Is kinda like ~ !!The proof!!
:-) 'Tis a self confessed prejudice, after all ~ And I am not
scholarly enough to provide you with examples 'proving unambiguously'
my point. And I am not sure that such proof is possible, given the
radical difference in approach to understanding.

I have no idea in these two passages which is to be taken how, in
terms of either-or. I don't even care just now, because the grammar
is at issue. [I really am unlearned in GNT!! Trust me on this one!]

And I do understand your inadmittance of the hOLON take on this
construction, and am simply asking WHY?

Why MUST it be either-or?

Thank-you...

George

Lisa Messmer..................ICQ# 5666415
George Blaisdell        dalmatia@eburg.com

Have you seen Dulcie? Look for her Heart! http://www.eburg.com/~dalmatia/dulcie.html

Last Chance for Animals...Fight Pet Theft! http://www.lcanimal.org