NT readings

From: Richard Lindeman (richlind@uswest.net)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 13:39:50 EDT

Here is where we are at so far on potential readings of the NT.

Reader Reading Goal for completion
----------------- ------------------ ----------------------
Joseph Weaks Revelations April, 1999
Richard Lindeman Ephesians December, 1998
Jim West 1-3 John September, 1998
*Edgar Krentz 1 Peter Already Completed

*Please note... I have not yet gotten the permission of Edgar Krentz to
use his recording of 1 Peter, so this one is listed pending his
approval. It may not be available.

Readers, please DO NOT start recording yet... just rehearse. There are
a couple of reasons to ask that you do not start recording yet.

First of all, we are in process of investigating the technical details
on how to get the very best quality voice recordings for posting
online. We may or may not ask that our readers use a cassette tape for
the original master copy. That detail is still up in the air.

Secondly, Jonathan informs me that for posting on the B-Greek website
are required to go through a process of peer review. I hope that this
doesn't scare any of our potential readers off. Don't be intimidated by
it. The peer review process as Jonathan describes it can be very
beneficial to both the reader and the end product. We are in process now
of selecting reviewers and then will assign them to potential readers.

I think we have a good start already, and hopefully we will have lots
of other volunteer readers. Let me know if you are willing to help us
out.

Blessings,

Rich Lindeman