Kai

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 17:23:38 EDT

Well, apparently I have once again adopted a minority view. Who woulda
guessed? :-)

Kai, as used in the "scribes of the Pharisees" clause I take as = "also".

Thus, the phrase can be translated, "also the scribes of the pharisees".
Now, admittedly, this is a poor english rendering and does not do justice to
the intention of the Greek. That is why I left it out (as when we leave out
the hOTI recitative).

In Greek it makes great sense to say "also the scribes of the Pharisees..."
etc. Sadly, English is not as versatile, and pictureseque.

(but I could be wrong.......) :-)

Jim