mk 13:14

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 08:00:28 EDT

The word <gk> bdelugma </gk> occurs in this vers, the Matthean par. (but not
the Lucan), Dan 9:27 (LXX), and Gen 43:32 (LXX). It, apparently, does not
occur in the greek lit. (according to a search of perseus).

Does anyone know of its occurance elsewhere?

Thanks,

Jim

n.b.- I was at the CBA meeting when word of Ray Brown's death reached us.
All were saddened by the dreadful news, and a Mass was held in his honor.
Apparently he had already submitted a couple of volumes to the publisher- so
that we can still look forward to his productive ideas. How, indeed, like
the man: to continue contributing to us all even after his death!!

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible
Quartz Hill School of Theology

jwest@highland.net