RE: mk 13:14

From: Stevens, Charles C (Charles.Stevens@unisys.com)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 13:46:39 EDT

On 12 August 1998 at 10:12 AM, Phillip J. Long responded to Jim West's
query regarding the use of BDELUGMA (in which he mentions it occurring
in Gen 43:32 and Daniel 9:27, seemingly implying that these are the only
occurrences in the OT) in part:

<< ... It's used 58x in the LXX, ... >>

To be fair, the Genesis 43:32 citation is the *first* use of BDELUGMA in
the LXX so far as I've been able to determine. But pretty much anywhere
you see "abomination" and its variants in the KJV you can expect to see
"BDELUGMA" in some form in the LXX, I think. My search for BDELUGM* in
BibleWorks for Windows yields 116 matches.

    -Chuck Stevens [SMTP: Charles.Stevens@unisys.com]