Re: Mark 11:22 EXETE PISTIN QEOU

From: Steve Long (steve@allegrographics.com)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 12:30:41 EDT

I was digging around looking for other examples of ECETE in Mark and found
one other that was imperative in Mark 9:50, ECETE EN EAUTOIS ALA. Would it
change the meaning to say ECETE ALA EAUTOU? Does this help us? Mark's using
a dative, but the word order is slightly different, couldn't he have said
ECETE EN QEW PISTIN, or ECETE PISTIN EN QEW? If it doesn't change the
meaning, why did he do it? (I know it was just to keep me awake at nights,
yeah, that's it!)

Steve

Steve Long
steve@allegrographics.com