EIS hUBRIN in LXX Proverbs 19:18

From: Kevin L. Barney (klbarney@sprynet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 15:32:17 EDT

Thank you, Carl, for the welcome to the list, as well as for your helpful comments. I especially appreciated the very gentle way in which you corrected my mistake regarding EUELPIS, which I had taken as a noun but, as your translation made clear, is in fact an adjective. I'm not going to beat myself up over it, though. It was a natural mistake on my part, both because the Hebrew used a noun for "hope," and ELPIS is a Greek noun for hope, so I understandably assumed that EUELPIS was also a noun, the EU carrying the sense of "good." So much for assumptions. ;^) Anyway, thanks again.

Kevin L. Barney
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
klbarney@sprynet.com