Re: New Vulgate Newsgroup

From: Cindy Smith (cms@dragon.com)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 16:57:06 EDT

We have just added the Latin Vulgate Translation Newsgroup
Literature.Bible.Latin to our private news server vega.star-nets.com.

We have also added the Thomas Merton Newsgroup literature.Merton.

We may make these available as mailing lists soon. In the
meantime, here is information about how to access the newsgroups using
OUTLOOK EXPRESS and NETSCAPE.

with nothing in the body. If you wish to receive the digest version,
send to listname-digest-subscribe@hostname.tld. If you do not wish
to receive mail but prefer to read and post through the newsgroup,
send to listname-extra-subscribe@hostname.tld. For other groups, as
noted, send to listname-request@dragon.com with SUBSCRIBE in the body
not the subject.

catholic-subscribe@freecatholic.net

anglican-subscribe@stsams.org EParish of St. Sam

bible-request@dragon.com SUBSCRIBE in the body not the subject

literature-request@dragon.com SUBSCRIBE in the body not the subject

conservative-request@dragon.com SUBSCRIBE in the body not the subject

nt-trans-request@dragon.com SUBSCRIBE in the body not the subject

ot-trans-request@dragon.com SUBSCRIBE in the body not the subject

Many people have expressed a desire to read Catholic and Anglican and
Bible and Literature at our private news server vega.star-nets.com
using Microsoft and Netscape products. The bidirectionally gatewayed
newsgroups below include everything in the Catholic hierarchy, the
Anglican hierarchy, the Literature hierarchy, and the Politics
hierarchy.

Below is the procedure for reading the newsgroups using Microsoft
Outlook Express in 20 easy steps. Microsoft Outlook Express can be
downloaded at www.microsoft.com/ie/download.

1. Start Microsoft Outlook Express

2. Click Tools on Task Bar

3. Click Accounts

4. Click Add

5. Click News

6. Type Your Name where it says Display name:

7. Click next

8. Enter your email address where it says E-mail address:

9. Click next

10. Where it says News (NNTP) server: type: vega.star-nets.com

11. Click next

12. Choose a friendly name for this news account. Where it says
        Internet news account name: type: vega.star-nets.com or any
        name you choose.

13. Click next

14. Choose the method by which you will connect to
        vega.star-nets.com:

                Connect using my phone line
                Connect using my local area network (LAN)
                I will establish my Internet connection manually

        Choose one of those three above.

15. Click next

16. To save these settings, click Finish

17. Click close

18. On the left hand side of the screen, click vega.star-nets.com

19. Click Newsgroups

20. Read list of newsgroups and click what you wish to read

If you have any difficulty following these steps, please call:

Microsoft Internet Explorer Technical Support 425-635-7123

Leo's Task number for reading vega.star-nets.net over
Outlook Express: 328-523-74

======================

Here is the method for reading newsgroups at vega.star-nets.com using
Netscape Communicator in 13 easy steps:

1. Click Communicator on the task bar

2. Click Netscape Message Center

3. Click File

4. Click Add Discussion Group Server...

5. Type vega.star-nets.com

6. Click OK

7. Click vega.star-nets.com

8. Click Subscribe

9. Click newsgroup section you want to read

10. Click Expand All

11. Click Subscribe on the newsgroups you want to subscribe to

12. Click OK

13. Double-click newsgroups you want to read

anglican.music Anglican Music
anglican.propertalk Anglican Proper Talk
anglican.stsams Anglican Mailing List/EParish of St. Sam's
bit.listserv.catholic Same as Catholic.fcml
catholic.bible Bible Mailing List
catholic.fcml Free Catholic Mailing List
literature.bible.greek New Testament Bible Translation Mailing List
literature.bible.hebrew Hebrew Bible Translation Mailing List
literature.bible.latin Latin Vulgate Translation Newsgroup
literature.catholic Literature Mailing List
literature.christsf Christian Imagination Association Mailing List
literature.merton Thomas Merton Newsgroup
politics.conservative Conservative Mailing List

Cindy Smith
                                          Spawn of a Jewish Carpenter
GO AGAINST THE FLOW! \\ _\\\_ _///_ //
>IXOYE=('> <`)= _<< A Real Live Catholic in Georgia
cms@dragon.com // /// \\\ \\
cms@star-nets.com
cms@romancatholic.org

Delay not your conversion to the LORD,