Re: reading for vocabulary

From: Phillip J. Long (plong@gbcol.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 16:23:03 EDT

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 00:08:01 -0700, you wrote:

>Has anyone any experience with Mounce's _Graded_Reader_ [or any other graded
>reader for NT Greek] and if so, how was it?

I have worked through it, it is good although intended to expanded
grammar as much as vocabulary. It is keyed to Daniel Wallace's
intermediate grammar. I like the last few sections where the LXX and
Didache is read.

Our program has four semesters, the third of which is reading the
GNT, using Metxgar for vocabulary development. I think that this
works out pretty well, it should expose the student to as many styles
of Greek within the GNT as possible.

Phillip J. Long
Asst. Prof. Bible & Greek
Grace Bible College