reading for vocabulary

From: Jane Harper (jharper@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 03:08:01 EDT

> >and/or Hebrew vocabulary?
>
> ? Huh? Vocabulary is best learned by reading.

My pet peeve about the introductory textbooks to which I have been exposed [in
both Hebrew and Greek] is that they *do not provide* enough reading for
vocabulary to become fixed in my creaking old engrams. If I wander out to BHS
or the Greek NT, I find myself looking up every other word, and puzzling about
constructions to the detriment of finding the sense of the verse.

Has anyone any experience with Mounce's _Graded_Reader_ [or any other graded
reader for NT Greek] and if so, how was it?

Janie

Jane Harper jharper@ix.netcom.com
Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA