Adverbial aorist participles

From: Jon Robertson (jmrober@pop6.ibm.net)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 06:04:51 EDT

Hello all, just a quick question (that may generate more than a quick
reply). What are your opinions about the occurrence of adverbial
aorist participles of subsequent action? To put it another way, are
there adverbial aorist participles (particularly in the New
Testament) which describe action that takes place after the action of
the main verb? I did a research paper about this in a graduate
grammar class, but I would prefer to hear the opinions of the list
before I put my neck in the noose!

Jon Robertson
jmrober@ibm.net