RE: Books

From: Adam, Professor AKM (AKM.Adam@PTSEM.EDU)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 08:49:33 EDT

Friends,

I tried to post a message on this topic last week, but something misfired.

I had been counseling some of my students to hold off on their purchase of a
lexicon, thinking BAGD6 might be available in January (the latest rumor I'd
heard). This week, however, our bookstore manager emailed me to the effect
that her Univ. of Chicago Press representative had advised her that initial
typesetting attempts were unsatisfactory, and the new edition would probably
not be ready till June or July.

For what it's worth--since (as Carl notes) we've heard intimations of
imminence for a long time. Perhaps Bauer will come upon us like a thief in
the night....

Grace and peace,
A K M Adam
akm.adam@ptsem.edu
Princeton Theological Seminary

"Melius est dubitare de occultis quam litigare de incertis."
Augustine