Defn. of textlinguistics

From: Mark O'Brien (markus@upnaway.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 15:24:31 EST

I have a brief question which is not directly related to the GNT, but I am
sure that there are some on this list who could surely help me out...

I have been recently doing some reading where I have come across the term
"textlinguistics", but where there has been no clear definition of the
term. I was wondering whether there are some on this list who might
proffer me a summary of what is meant here. At times, it seems to be
pretty close to discourse analysis, but then there are occasions when it
appears to mean perhaps more than that. Anyway, any help with this would
be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

M.

-----
Revd. Mark B. O'Brien
Assoc. Pastor, Subiaco Church of Christ, Western Australia
Lecturer in Biblical Studies, South Perth Christian College
                                    (Sydney College of Divinity), Western
Australia

markus@upnaway.com
-----
"It seems to me to be the best proof of an evangelical disposition, that
persons are not angry when reproached, and have a Christian charity for
those that ill deserve it."
                                  ... The Colloquies of Erasmus