Re: searching for Colwell [and more]

From: Randy LEEDY (Rleedy@bju.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 08:43:26 EST

The message about the inability of the current crop of Bible software
to recognize syntactical connections between words is right on the
money. An additional factor for Tom Logan to be aware of is the fact
that the boolean operators (such as "beforeword") in Logos do not
function properly the last I knew. Also, I don't think Logos gives you
any way to EXCLUDE a word within a certain range. So Logos's ability
to search for grammatical constructions is extremely limited. I'm
going to post a separate item on a idea for developing a more powerful
tool for grammatical searches than is currently available.

In love to God and neighbor,
Randy Leedy
Bob Jones University
Greenville, SC