Re: Mattew 24:5

From: Thomas J Logan (caltom@gate.net)
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 12:23:44 EST

Hello Juan

Welcome from one little greeker

I believe it has been correctly pointed out that

legountes is Nominative plural and so modifies the subject polloi

both LEGOUNTES and POLLOI are masculine , nominative plurals
and are in concord. The LEGOUNTES are The POLLOI

further I believe clause starting with the participle LEGOUNTES may be understood as

The ones (the many) saying (this is what they say) "I am the Christ"

Thus it is many who say I am the Christ referring to themselves

Don't take my word for it however check it out with others. I have just begun to
learn

in Christ
Tom