2Cor 12:7 The thorn in the flesh and the messenger of Satan.

From: Ian E. Rock (irock@caribsurf.com)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 11:52:19 EST

2Cor.12:7 - KAI TH UPERBOLH TWN APOKALUYEWN. DIO INA MH UPERAIRWMAI,
EDOQH MOI SKOLOY TH SARKI, AGGELOS SATANA, INA ME KOLAFIZH, INA MH
UPERAIRWMAI.

What did Paul mean when he spoke of "SKOLOY TH SARKI, AGGELOS SATANA"?
Are they the same, with the same purpose? Or was the thorn to keep him
from being too elated, while the messenger was just to harrass him? Can
we justify claims then that the thorn was an impediment located in his
physical body? Do we have any instances in Hellenistic literature where
these terms are used? And is the meeting in Paul the same as in these
external references? I was told that the TLG could provide some of this
information, but I do not have access to it in Barbados, (Codrington
College). Your inputs and assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards
Ian E. Rock
Ordinand
Codrington College