Re: Rules

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 07:24:02 EST

<x-rich>At 7:47 AM -0500 12/9/98, Paul F. Evans wrote:

<excerpt>Carl,

Duh!!! ...as my daughter would say! I feel really stupid now! That is

perfectly clear. I was missing the word order, which, if I am not mistaken

is what created the thread in the first place!

Thanks for your obvious patience with an overworked and under achieving

pastoral Greek student. BTW, this is the problem with we pastor's we dabble

in it enough to get into real trouble.

</excerpt>

You really shouldn't feel so bad about this, Paul. I go over this again and again with my Greek classes, and some of them don't seem to ever grasp this distinction. I'm going to try to remember this business about "the red one, the book"--that may be easier to grasp than all the other stuff that seems (but isn't) more technical.

Regards, Carl
</x-rich>