Apollonius-Canon

From: Thomas J. Kraus (thomas-juergen.kraus@theologie.uni-regensburg.de)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 09:18:18 EST

Dear B-Greekers,
recently I almost skipped quite a useful reference on my studies on the
article in 2Peter, mentioning Apollonius Dyscolus and his canon. Even if
some of the anarthrous head noun - genitive-noun constructions in 2Peter
may be Semitisms (that is always hard to find out, especially when there
is not clear citation of the Hebrew or Greek OT), the canon could be worth
for explaining some cases where the article is missing.
The problem is ... I hardly dare to say ... that I am mentally blocked and
can not find out where to find the journal the abbreviation *TrinJ* is
referring to (S.D. Hull, Exceptions to ApolloniusŤ Canon in the New
Testament: A Grammatical Study, in: TrinJ NS, 1986, 3-16)
I would be quite happy to know what the abbreviation means and which
volume (1986, but the number?) Wallace in his *Greek Grammar beyond the
Basics* is quoting from.
Is anybody out there who can lend me a helping hand.

Thanks a lot,

Thomas J. Kraus

Universitaet Regensburg
Kath.-theol. Fakultaet