Aspect junkies relative importance of aspect

From: Greg Kilbrai (gkilbrai@dlcwest.com)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 20:12:27 EST

Don Wilkins wrote:

> Incidentally, someone referred to aspect
> studies. I would strongly encourage those who are "aspect junkies" (my own
> rather crude nickname) to learn enough Hebrew to see the importance of
> aspect there, and then compare the relative importance of aspect for Greek.

This comment sort of took the wind out of my sails about some of the
things I was learning this semester. I am finding the whole concept of
aspect quite fascinating compared to English (where it doesn't really
exist). What then is the relative importance of Greek aspect? Should the
new students not get excited about it?

Thanks for any comments on this.

Greg Kilbrai