Re: Suggestion for the sake of list efficiency

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 12:17:20 EST

Randy,

I appreciated the intent of your post on this subject.

What you are describing is what I call "stealth posts." The motivation
for a stealth post probably varies a great deal, but I sense that often
it is fear of ridicule. The position being evaluated is one that the
poster is not sure about and he does not want to show his hand before
hearing some other views on the subject.

There are also some who just like to leave things open ended and have no
particular concern about what others on the list might think about their
ideas. I think this group is a minority.

Perhaps the best solution to stealth posts is less ridicule.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point