Re: Commentaries on the Greek text of Galatians

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@utc.campuscw.net)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 16:58:00 EST

Betz, Hans Dieter. "Galatians: A Commentary on Paul's Letter to the Churches
in Galatia," in Hermeneia. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1979.

Barclay, William. Flesh and Spirit: An Examination of Galatians 5:19-23.
Grand Rapids: Baker, 1976.

Bligh, John. Galatians in Greek: A Structural Analysis of St. Paul's Epistle
to the Galatians with Notes on the Greek. Detroit, Michigan: University of
Detroit Press, 1966.

Boice, James Montgomery. "Galatians," in The Expositor's Bible Commentary.
Vol. 10. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1976.

Bruce, Frederick Fyvie. "The Epistle to the Galatians," in The New
International Greek Testament Commentary. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1982.

Burton, Ernest De Witt. A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Epistle
to the Galatians," in The International Critical Commentary. Edinburgh: T.
& T. Clark, 1921.

Eadie, John. A Commentary on the Greek Text of the Epistle of Paul to the
Galatians. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1979.

Ellicott, Charles John. Commentaries, Critical and Grammatical on the
Epistles of St. Paul, with Revised Translations. 3 vols. Minneapolis,
Minnesota: James Family Publishers, 1978.

Fung, Ronald Y. K. "The Epistle to the Galatians," in The New International
Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1988.

George, Timothy. "Galatians," in The New American Commentary. Vol 30.
Nashville, Tennessee: Broadman & Holman, 1994.

Guthrie, Donald. "Galatians," in The New Century Bible Commentary. Marshall,
Morgan, and Scott, 1974.

Hendrickson, William. "Exposition of Galatians," in New Testament
Commentary. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1968.
Hogg, C. F. and William Edwyn Vine. The Epistle to the Galatians. Grand
Rapids: Kregel, n.d.

Lenski, Richard C. H. The Interpretation of St. Paul's Epistles to the
Galatians, to the Ephesians, and to the the Philippians. Minneapolis,
Minnnesota: Augsburg Press, 1963.

Lightfoot, Joseph Barber. The Epistle of St. Paul to the Galatians. Grand
Rapids: Zondervan, 1957.

Longenecker, Richard N. "Galatians," in The Word Biblical Commentary. Vol
41. Waco, Texas: Word Books, 1990.

Ramsay, William Mitchell. A Historical Commentary on St. Paul's Epistle to
the Galatians. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Klock & Klock, 1978.

Ridderbos, Herman H. "The Epistle of Paul to the Churches of Galatia," in
The New International Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids:
Eerdmsn, 1953.

Robertson, Archibald Thomas. "The Epistles of Paul," in Word Pictures in
the New Testament. Vol. 4. Nashville, Tennessee: Broadman, 1931.

Schmoller, Otto.The Epistle of Paul to the Galatians," in Commentary on the
Holy Scriptures, Critical, Doctrinal. and Homiletical. Vol.11. Grand
Rapids: Zondervan, 1960.

Wuest, Kenneth S. Galatians in the Greek New Testament. Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1944.

At 04:24 PM 12/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone could suggest one or more commentaries on the
Greek text of Galatians. I would welcome any suggestions on commetraies
that have been helpful, but I am specifically interested in commentaries or
other works that deal with the Greek text in some detail. Thanks.

>Darron
>

><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
>
><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META content='"MSHTML 4.72.2106.6"' name=GENERATOR>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT size=2>I was wondering if anyone could suggest one or more
>commentaries on the Greek text of Galatians.&nbsp; I would welcome any
>suggestions on commetraies that have been helpful, but I am specifically
>interested in commentaries or other works that deal with the Greek text in
some
>detail.&nbsp; Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Darron&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library