Re: Sugestion (Beginner).

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 17:31:57 EST

At 12:27 AM 1/14/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have take one year of koine seven years ago, however I had to stop
>studying greek. I would like to start again. I am looking for an advice
>if I should start from the beginning with a book in classic greek or
>if I should just to revise and go to an intermediate grammar. I don't
>mind to start slowly if that means to start well.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Carlos.

Hello.

My recommmendation would be to start over with a beginning grammar (of
koine). It certainly will not hurt anything to review the material! In
fact, I suspect it would be a most beneficial thing.

I would further suggest that you begin as soon as possible with reading
passages of the New Testament in Greek. As you do this you will be
surprised at how much comes back to you and how much you remember.

Good luck,

Jim

Jim West, ThD
Quartz Hill School of Theology