so nice to be back!

From: Allison Sanders (allisanders@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 14:18:48 EST

Dear B-Greekers,
    Hello! I have been off this list waaaay too long! I need to get back
into the swing of things again after such a long time away. But I want to
ak for some advice regarding something regarding Greek. =) I have just
moved to Winston-Salem, NC and am unemployed. It was recommended to me that
I speak with the administrator of a certain christian school in the area
and see if thye may be interested in starting a Beginner Greek elective in
the high school. My question is: how do you start teaching Greek like
that? Can any of you recommend the best way for me to even approach it?My
Greek is good enought o teach a beginner's class to high schoolers, but I
want to do a really doo job of it, if this is really something I will get
to do. Are there any particular books that are good for this age group? I
would imagine that when I go to meet with the administrator, that hes going
to want me to have some kind of idea of how I would conduct such a class.
Any help would be great. Thanks! And again, it's so nice to be back!

Allison