Philo - Logos as deuteron qeon

From: AgapeLove9@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 00:12:06 EST

Philo of Alexandria - GENESIS, BOOK II

Can someone give me the Greek of the following statement in Philo where he
refers to the LOGOS as a DEUTERON QEON? I am researching the differences
between monotheism in the first century and the modern popular definition of
monotheism.

62. (Gen. ix. 6) Why does (Scripture) say, as if (speaking) of another god,
"in the image of God He made man" and not "in His own image" ?
Most excellently and veraciously this oracle was given by God. For nothing
mortal can be made in the likeness of the most high One and Father of the
universe but (only) in that of the second god, who is his Logos.

It appears as though first-century monotheism differs from some modern
definitions of monotheism.

Mark Johnson