Re: UBS4 vs NA27 vs UBS3

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 17:34:27 EST

I just received the "Grossdruck" (i.e., large print) edition of NA27. It is
identical to the standard edition except that it uses a larger type that is
a bit bolder as well. The size (and weight) are proportionally heavier, but
it is easier on the eyes and is very legible. You certainly won't slip it
in your pocket (I keep an old leather covered edition of NA25 for that),
but for desk and class use you may find it very helpful.

The full name of NA27, as someone requested, is *Novum Testamentum Graece.*
(For the large print edition the "Grossdruck" designation appears only on
the spine, not on the title page or in the catalog description.) In the US,
one can obtain these most inexpensively direct from the American Bible
Society. They sell direct to individuals at the same price that they sell
to bookstores and distributors. Outside the US, check with the national
Bible society for your country.

US: 1-800-322-4253
www.americanbible.org (but you *can't* order online)

Rod

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Dept. of NT P.O. Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
The *Resources for NT Study* page is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm