Grammars using Disc Anal (was Re: Student of Guthrie)

From: Paul Zellmer (zellmer@cag.pworld.net.ph)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 18:04:36 EST

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0"><HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFF0">
Has a teaching grammar employing a discourse analysis approach been developed
yet for Biblical Greek?&nbsp; Somehow, in the cobwebs of my memory, I recall
a mention of an intermediate or advanced grammar using this approach, but
I am most interested in a beginning grammar.&nbsp; It would complement
the beginning Hebrew course that I am using very successfully.&nbsp; The
grammar for that course, by the way, was written by one of the co-chairs
of the b-hebrew list, Bryan Rocine.

<P>Any ideas or any reports of works in progress?

<P>Thanks,

<P>Paul

<P>Dax Hughes wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000">I appreciate your references
to Guthrie/Duvall's exegesis.&nbsp; I was a Greek major under Guthrie and
the concepts in that book helped me tremendously.&nbsp; he book is very
pragmatic but for College students dealing with a language that frightens
most, I cannot think of a better compliment.&nbsp; I personally think Discourse
Analysis could be a major influence on exegesis in the future. There are
so many benefits to grammatical and semantic diagramming.&nbsp; I am in
know way denying the powerful influence of Fee's book, but Guthrie's work
has been a "fresh breath of air" to many.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000">Again,
thanks for your comments for it has helped me to better evaluate this book.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#000000">Dax
Hughes</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000">Southwestern Seminary Master's student</FONT>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>Paul and Dee Zellmer, Jimmy Guingab, Geoffrey Beltran
<BR>Ibanag Translation Project
<BR>Cabagan, Philippines

<P>zellmer@faith.edu.ph
<BR>&nbsp;