BDAG publication date

From: Edgar Krentz (ekrentz@lstc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 15:45:37 EST

I heard the following from Fred Danker today in response to my question,
"When, O Lord?" in relation to the lexicon.

"The Press is setting copy, but I have ceased assuming the role of a prophet,
lest I fall under the biblical indictments of false prophets. Actually, the
world is full of hot-shot electronic technicians, but something like the
simple matter of proper Greek word division is for them akin to the Y2K
problem. By the way, the acronym for the new edition will be BDAG. Many are
the alterations, and the inclusion of new material is rather extensive."

SO, no sure publication date yet. Can you imagine the proof-reading Fred
has to do? 'Tis more than one can think.

Edgar Krentz
Professor of New Testament Emeritus
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
1100 E. 55th Street