PISTIS in Josephus

From: Steve Long (steve@allegrographics.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 12:47:34 EST

B-Greekers,

I've started reading Josephus to expand my Greek horizons and I've come
across something interesting already. Josephus uses PISTIS in a political
sense in terms of loyalty or allegiance to Rome. I'm wondering if this
sense of allegiance would be the more prevalent sense of the word rather
than belief or faith, or is this just a case of one word having more than
one meaning depending on context?

Steve

| Allegro Graphics, Inc. -- Allegro Digital Media, Inc. |
| 4132 Industrial Drive

| Saint Peters, Missouri 63376 |