Re: Acts 1:10

From: John M. Moe (John.M.Moe-1@tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 05:45:12 EDT

Carl,

You wrote:

<I don't think that the content of POREUOMENOU AUTOU is really temporal
so much <as it is explanatory of the reason why the disciples were
gazing skywards

That is the exact point I was getting in my reading but didn't know how
or if it could be justified grammatically. I did some more reading in
Wallace and realized that I was on the wrong track with the
"appositional" or "epexegetical" genitive. Then came your post to clear
things up nicely. Thanks again.

Your Blue Ridge Mountains must be wonderful. I shall think wistfully of
them as I spend a week sailing and fishing midst the Minnesota mosquitos
at the end of May. Will you see Bearded Bill of Ashervill this Summer?
I keep thinking that one of these days we will see one of his stream of
consciousness postings on B-Greek again. They were always well worth
wading through.

Blessings on you Summer in the clear air

JM

--

Rev. John M. Moe St. John's Lutheran Church, Rich Valley http://www.state.net/sjrv/