Re: Luke's Semitic Style

From: Jack Kilmon (jkilmon@historian.net)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 11:44:13 EDT

I am convinced that Luke was competent in Aramaic and used
Aramaic source material. If Luke came from Syrian Antioch as
some believe, he would know Aramaic. Look how he defines
the exclusive Aramaic idiom (xwbyn) in the LP as "sins" where
the Greek Speaking Matthean scribe uses "debts."

Fitzmyer, in his "Gospel According to Luke" catalogs the
Aramaisms in Luke, Vol I, p116.

Jack

Jack Kilmon jkilmon@historian.net

http://www.historian.net