Martyrdom of Ignatius

From: Rick H Duggin (rduggin@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 11:04:13 EDT

I found BAGD to be a great help when translating the
epistles of Ignatius. IMHO, some of its glosses are
outstanding. It seems, however, that BAGD does not
include several words in the martyrdom of Ignatius. I
cannot find a reference to it in BAGD, and suspect that
it ignores the entire epistle. Can someone tell me if
this is this correct?

If the answer to the above question is yes, could it
be because this work may have been composed
later than the period which BAGD is designed to
cover?

Thanks.

Rick Duggin
318 Kings Hwy.