Re: NT-only words

From: WFWarren@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 20:46:33 EDT

In a message dated 6/21/99 10:36:55 AM, ekrentz@lstc.edu writes:

>While it may be out of date, one might check the introduction to Moulton
>and Milligan's NT dictionary illustrated from the papyri. I do not have
>this immediately available, but I recall such a list being there--coming
>from the dim recesses of my memory.

According to my copy of Moulton and Milligan, mention in made on page XV of
the introduction to Deissmann having been able to "reduce the number of
words peculiar to the New Testament to something like fifty, or about one per
cent. of the whole vocabulary." (footnote at this point = See Light from the
Ancient East, 2d ed., p. 78.)

So while no list is given, at least the scope and source of such a list is
indicated.

Paz,

Bill Warren
Director of the Baptist College Partnership Program