Re: Papyrus

From: Edgar Krentz (ekrentz@lstc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 16:47:42 EDT

>Dear fellow B-Greekers,
>I have a challenge for all of you, especialy those who work allot with
>papyrus. I need to know where I can get a photo copy of some papyruses.
>They are:
>
>LXX p. Fouad Inv. 266
>LXX VTS 10a
>LXX IEJ 12
>LXX VTS 10b
>4Q LXX LEVb
>LXX P. Oxy. VII.1007
>AqBurkitt
>AqTaylor
>Symp.Vindob. G. 39777
>
>Now I copied that out of a book, so if I got something wrong, please tell
>me. Thanks allot
>
>Mitchell Gray

What is the book from whihc you copied the list? That would help much.
Fouad Inv. 266 would refer to the two volumes Papyri Fouad, published by
the Egyptian Exploration Society.

4QLXX LEVb should refer to a text from cave 4 at Qumran, published in
Discoveries in the Judaean Desert (OUP). There should be a photograph there
or in the Brill publication.

IEJ 12 amay refer to the ISRAEL EXPLORATION JOURNAL, vol. 12.

Edgar Krentz
Professor of New Testament Emeritus
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
1100 E. 55th Street