Re: Zerwick

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@utc.campuscw.net)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 22:08:34 EDT

Zewick is alright, but I rather have Cleon Rogers Linguistical and
Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament. which the revision of the old
Rienecker and Rogers. to get the most our of Zerwick you'll need his grammar
to which he keeps referring you to.When you can afford it (if ever) I would
suggest Ernest Best's ICC commentary on Ephesians

At 11:35 AM 08/06/1999 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day. I'm plowing through Ephesians for my first formal theological study
>for 19 years, and am using Lincoln's Word Biblical Comentary, the NET Bible
>and F.F. Bruce's Commentary on Colossians, Philemon and Ephesians. I am also
>finding Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics very helpful.
>
>Should I save up for Zerwick's Grammatical Analysis, or would it be
>superfluous if you already have commentaries on the Greek text?
>
>The course lecturer [Peter O'Brien] recommended Zerwick, but that was after
>I had purchased the other stuff!
>
>David McKay
>music@fl.net.au
>

>---