Re: Wallace: Beyond the Basics

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Aug 07 1999 - 23:27:45 EDT

David,

Wallace is useful if you don't mind the overall approach he takes to
questions of grammar. There is a lot of useful information in his book
but I have a hard time separating the "information" from the method and
the method is one I don't buy into. I would like to hear a discussion
between Stanley Porter and Micheal Palmer and Daniel Riano and on the
methodology employed in Wallace's book.

I would also like to hear it discussed by a semiologist like Umberto
Eco. But after all this is the real world and

"You can't always get what you want." Mick Jagger

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point