Re: The Septuaginta

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 17:55:32 EDT

It would probably be more accurate to say that the Septuagint was the Bible used by
the Greek-speaking party of the early Christian congregation. Though Nazareth was
not far from Sepphoris in "heathen Galilee," there is no clear indication in the GNT
that Jesus himself spoke Greek. There are indications of Aramaic in Jesus' intimate
speech, and it is expected that he knew and read in the Hebrew of the synagogue.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org