Re: Mt 9:17 -- Off Topic

From: David Roe (d.roe@t-online.de)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 17:08:58 EDT

Hi Dmitri,

Can't advise on the Greek. But this reminds me... The '99 new-wine
season has begun already in Rheinland-Pfalz. New wine is partially
fermented, and has an alcohol content anywhere from practically nil to
that of wine, depending on its stage of development (which lasts a week
or two, depending on the temperature). New wine is not sold in
supermarkets, because it can not be sealed. It is therefore sold only in
wine regions, and is the stimulus for much national tourism in Germany
(Germans typically have 6 weeks vacation/year).

Wine culture aside, and Greek as well, if the wine spoken of in Mt 9:17
were the explosive new wine (neuer Wein), it is logical that an old,
less flexible skin would not suffice.

David
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany