Re: Is GAR a coordinating or subordinating conjunction?

From: Joe A. Friberg (JoeFriberg@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 12:20:20 EST

I just sent a post on this topic that I hope may be of help to your
question. We have many common English words for causation, they are mostly
broad and overlapping, so there is a need to carefully define some technical
terms in this area before we can make much headway.

D&Ms reference to "emphasis" looks like some support for my suggestion re:
Discourse Prominence!

God Bless!
Joe Friberg